Thursday, February 19, 2009

what.....?

Photobucket

So, I'm not quite sure what Katy Perry was thinking when she donned this hello kitty rhinestone-encrusted bustier, on the red carpet no less, to the Brit Awards in London on Wednesday. Katy has always been one to take fashion risks and that is something that I admire her for, but this to me is just a huge no-no. Why is there no red circle around it with a slash through it? This is a poor choice for anybody, even the bold and daring.

Photobucket

I do think that this would make a cute performance top possibly (I like the outfits she chooses to wear while performing, like this one from this week's past Grammys - ABOVE), however - NOT for the red carpet, ever.

BUT, I love love love the gown she chose for the red carpet at the Grammys (BELOW). Not only was she looking stunning in her soft pink ensemble but she won a best dressed nod as well! She achieved what most stars aim for with outfits like this; she looked classy in the style and color of the gown and the large accented flower-bow gave it a twist of modern fashion while keeping it chic. Effortless chic is definitely a hard one to get right but she nailed it. Kudos to Katy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

P.S. I love her dress from the Grammys pressroom as well (BELOW). I like when celebs choose a shorter but same style gown as their red carpet choice for these types of things. She did an excellent job all around for this years Grammys fashion.

Photobucket

No comments: