Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Like I thought.... Michelle's a hit!!

What a surprise.... Michelle Obama just happened to look stunningly gorgeous at her husband Barak's inauguration on the 20th. Did I not call that?

Michelle started off the day wearing this Isabel Toledo lemon grass yellow ensemble to the inaugural ceremony and parade. Apparently there is much talk about the color of her outfit because no one really seems to know what it is. Now I have to admit... I've never heard of "lemon grass yellow" (silly me thought that lemon and yellow were the same thing...) but the outfit looked great on her. I love the idea of wearing a suit dress, especially one as detailed as hers. The color looked amazing on her too, even if nobody understood the outfit it was clear that she did because she looked absolutely gorgeous in it! 100% great choice, I'm in love with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For the inaugural ball Michelle chose this white one-shouldered gown created by 26-year-old Jason Wu. This Wu man is supposedly a rising star in the fashion world but I don't think anybody has really heard of him before. However this dress was also amazing so there is no doubt that Michelle choosing his dress will cause his career to sky-rocket. In my opinion this dress was absolutely gorgeous, it reminds me of the white one-shoulder dress that Nancy Reagan wore, which, as my last entry clearly stated, I loved. The gown was covered in fabric petals and dotted with beads which made it all the more amazing. This dress, like Nancy's, was the perfect pick of sophistication, style, and class. Great choice, great lady. Love it, love it, love it!

Photobucket

No comments: