Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year; New Start

So it's been a couple months, yet I don't have much to catch up on. However, I do have a lot to say about the future. With Beyonce's latest cd (I Am...Sasha Fierce) coming out and her cover of ELLE's January 2009 issue, I have become quite interested in the whole "other personality" thing. Beyonce claims that when she is on stage Sasha Fierce takes over and allows her to perform in a way that "Beyonce" would not. There was also an article in ELLE describing how the writer (named Maggie) pictured herself - the advanced version. AKA Maggie 2.0. Because of all the talk about improving yourself through an alternate personality, I have naturally been inspired to do the same thing.

This new year I have a lot of resolutions that I would like to stick to.
1) Go out more -- Have more Fun!
2) Forgive my grudges (eh...thats gonna be a hard one)
3) Continue to have straight A's in school
4) Get a job!
5) Put more effort into myself (fitness, style, hair, etc)
6) Wear more of my old clothes/makeup (get use out of what I already have!)
7) spend more time with my parents as well as my girlfriends
8) Weigh 115 lbs at some point
9) Get a flat stomache!
10) Become a good sketcher

In order to keep all of these resolutions I have channeled my inner alternate-self. I decided to name her Odette. You see, Odette can and does do all of these things. Odette weighs 115 lbs at my height, she has a completely flat but not too muscley stomache, she keeps in close contact with all of her friends from high school, she makes enough money to support herself, and she has long long long flowing blonde hair. Now, I know that these things are all in my control but its really not that easy to change a habit once it has become one. However, I am determined to take full advantage of this life that God has given me and enjoy every moment of it. No more bad moods for no reason, no more ignoring calls from people I don't feel like talking to, no more laziness, no more feeling sorry for myself. This year is a complete brand new start to the rest of my life and I want to live it exactly how Odette would.

No comments: